It is the hope and desire of UEIS that educators will encourage students at all levels to become critical thinkers. It is our vision to cultivate in each student.
- A flexible attitude and a willingness to face challenges with eagerness
- A tolerance for differences in people and perspectives
- An adaptability in meeting new people and in using effective social skills
- An awareness that all life is inter-related and one individual’s action can have a rippling effect upon the world.
A graduate of UEIS will:
Demonstrate tolerance and understanding of and for cultural, racial and personal differences.
- Participates in the school’s cultural activities
- Shows ability to work well with those of other cultural, religious and social backgrounds
- Shows interest and learning about the world’s cultures
Exhibit critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Has the ability to evaluate one’s own work
- Displays ability to express one’s opinions
- Can distinguish between and relate together facts, ideas and opinions
Demonstrate creativity and self-expression
- Participates in music / drama / art events
- Displays an ability to write creatively
- -Is capable of making speeches and doing presentations
Be able to speak, read and write in the English Language
- Reads novels ( fiction and Non-fiction) on a regular basis
- Is able to express oneself through writing
- Communicates well with other students and teachers
Exhibit self-confidence in themselves and their beliefs
- Has an awareness of one’s cultural background
- Shows curiosity about culture and society
- Willingly shares one’s opinions and beliefs
Has self-discipline and is self-directed
- Regularly completes schoolwork to a satisfactory level
- Can follow school policies without being told
- Completes a plan for post high school academics
Understand, appreciate and exhibit the positive aspects of physical health.
- Participates in the physical education program to the best of one’s ability
- Understands and follows good nutritional standards
- Is a good sportsperson in cooperative and competitive sports
Become positive, productive and contributing members of society.
- Devotes time to community services
- Investigates problems found in the community
- Understands the organization of one’s local community
Learn how to cooperatively establish goals – displays good listening skills.
- Displays good listening skills
- Displays good negotiation and cooperative skills in school activities
- Helps others to achieve
Demonstrate competence in using and understanding information technology.
- Is computer literate
- Understands the role and importance of IT in today’s society
- Displays competency in using IT responsibly and constructively