International Story Writing Competition 2019
13th March 2019
It is with great pleasure that we announce the fourth annual ‘International Story Competition’ organised and sponsored by the Ulaanbaatar Elite International School, Mongolia. Our International Story Competition has gone from strength to strength. Last year we received more than 300 stories from students of 54 different nationalities attending international schools in over 35 countries. We hope you will join us in making this years competition even bigger.
The competition arose from our desire to recognise outstanding writing achievement by secondary and high school students across the globe. We hope this competiton may benefit student authors by encouraging them to put pen to paper, develop their imaginative talent, hone composition skills, showcase their work and provide an opportunity to earn wonderful prizes.
Please join us in our effort to promote excellence in writing and encourage your students to participate. Each school, participant and their adviser will be issued with a certificate. More information, terms and conditions are available at www.elite.edu.mn or send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for uploading submissions is 1st May 2019 with final results anounced on 31st May 2019. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further information or questions. We look forward to receiving your students’ applications.
Please follow us to keep up-to-date with the latest news
on Facebook at: UEIS International Story Competition
Ulaanbaatar Elite International School
International Story Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read the following rules carefully before submitting your entry.
- There is no limit on the number of stories competitors may send.
- Stories must be at least 800 and not exceed 20,000 words (excluding the title) and must be typed using double spacing. All work must be in English and Arial 10 pt font.
- Title the word document as follows: ‘Your Grade-The title of the story-Given Name and Surname’
E.g.: Grade-9-The Trials of the Elements-Emily Patterson.doc
Send your story to email@example.com
- There is not an age limit but only students currently in grades 7 to 12 may participate.
- Work may be on any theme but should not have been previously published.
- No competitor may win more than one prize.
- Entries that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified automatically.
- Please number the pages and complete the information about yourself in the form provided at the top of the page.
- Each participant and their advisors will be issued with a certificate by email.
[NB: The Ulaanbaatar Elite International School reserves the right to publish these stories and change the judges without notice.]
The Closing Date is 1st May 2019
Name/Surname: __________________________________Nationality: ________________
School Name / Grade: _________________________________Country: ________________
Advisor Teacher’s Name: _______________________ ________
Teacher’s E-mail Address: ______________________________
-TITLE OF THE STORY-
Arial 10 pt font
At least 800 and not exceed 20,000 words